Bill, hard at work on the GBNJ Call Center assisting with all of your supernatural needs.
By Bill Malkin, GBNJ Customer Service Supervisor
As we get closer to Halloween I would like to take a moment to discuss Halloween safety. Here are a few tips to keep you safe while having fun during your many spooky activities:
1 . Inspect all candy or other treats before you eat them. Class 5 Full Roaming Vapors like Slimer are gluttonous ghosts drawn to wherever food is in excess. and trust me there is nothing worse than taking a big bite of your favorite candy…that has been covered in thick ectoplasmic mucus.
2. Don’t play around with Ouija boards. Sure the mass produced one you can buy at Target is made with plastics and cardboard, and probably won’t open a portal to the “otherside”, but why risk it. The last thing you want is to invite demon to possess you during a Halloween party because you thought it would be “fun” to try to summon the spirit of Gram-gram. Besides the only resolution we have is to hose you down with positively charged mood slime and that will ruin your costume and probably embarrass you in front of your friends.
3. Stay away from haunted houses. ya know that house at the end of the street that looks abandoned, and everyone in the neighborhood *knows* is haunted? Don’t go inside because it will only end in one of two ways. Either you will be stuck in a personal Hell of supernatural torment as a demigorgan tries to drag you to the “upside-down”, (say his to Barb for us.) or the house isn’t haunted and you will be arrested for trespassing and be thrown in jail. Either way it will probably result you being covered in some sort of slime.
Well it’s official! GBNJ will be guests at Wizard World Philadelphia. GBNJ’s own ECTO-1B and ECTO-1M (aka Zuul) will be inside on the showroom floor. Also look for Troy’s Jurassic Park jeep while there.
We are very excited to be involved in this show. Be sure to come find us. We always look forward to see everyone and meeting new people.
It’s Slime Time!-
The Ghostbusters have had a love/hate relationship with the press, and that is no different with GBNJ. While reviewing gbnj.net I realized that we never updated everybody on our appearances in the press. I have fixed that error.
Click on “About” and scroll to the bottom of the page to find an archive of articles featuring GBNJ. Currently we have an article about GBNJ from Philly.com and a MTV News article about the BBQ Films Ghostbusters Movie event which features a brief interview with GBNJ founder, Bill Malkin.
“The season of evil begins with the birth of a new year.” -Prince Vigo
GBNJ was good this holiday season and Santa brought us a new logo. Designed by new recruit to GBNJ, Jason Juniewicz, This logo is simple, streamlined, and totally badass. Plus it better represents our history as the last line of defense against the Jersey Devil.
Patches, stickers, and other branded items are coming soon.
By: Bill Malkin, New to this whole updating our website thing
GBNJ is pleased to announce we will be helping out with the toy drive for local NJ charity Joey’s Little Angels. Please stop by and donate a toy if you can, as a special bonus you can take your picture with the one and only Ghostbusters New Jersey!
Joey’s Little Angels Toy Drive
Sunday November 27, 10am-1pm
Parade of Heroes (12:30 pm)
200 Mercer Street, Hamilton, NJ 08691
For more information visit their website.
Written By: Richard Roy, Better Late Than Never
Over the last week I’ve been updating “this fine slice of the internets”* to organize the dot net (could be a thing, maybe not) and add some new content. What’s changed?
- Added Pennsylvania District to About page.
- Added Renee to Personnel section.
- Created Renee‘s perspective profiles.
- Wrote a profile for Young Venkman.
- Updated “to be added” personnel profiles with “bullet points.”
Continue reading →